Members of UKBS PLC
Asbestos Surveying Services:
The FCM Partnership recognises and can advise on the requirements necessary to ensure that our clients understand these responsibilities in relation to asbestos.
With this in mind Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2002 creates a new legal duty to manage Asbestos in non-domestic premises. This places an explicit duty on those responsible for workplace Safety in relation to asbestos. The responsibility lies with the duty holder.
The duty holder must now:
- Take reasonable steps to determine the location and nature of asbestos materials.
- Complete a register of location, condition and removal of all asbestos materials.
- Manage all aspects of asbestos materials present by means of a management plan.
Health and Safety Executive publication MDHS-100 sets out the methodology for surveying any premises for asbestos containing materials. It defines three types of survey:
- Type (1): Location and assessment survey.
- Type (2): Standard sampling, identification and assessment survey.
- Type (3): Full access, sampling and identification survey.
The FCM Partnership Building Surveyors retain surveyors qualified to BOHS P402 to carry out these surveys to help our clients meet their legal obligations. All our work strictly follows the methodology presented in MDHS-100.
Each survey report includes:
- An asbestos register of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM's),
- Colour photographs of sampling points,
- Site plans indicating each sampling point,
- A certificate of analysis from a UKAS accredited laboratory,
- A compact disk (CD) with the full report in Portable Document Format (PDF) format.
The FCM Partnership holds professional indemnity insurance to complete surveys and sampling.
Telephone: (028) 9045 5188 FAX: (028) 9045 5252
Postal Address: 431-441 Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 1AQ